Thursday, January 7, 2016

A Call to Corporate Worship



A Call to Corporate Worship

Hebrews 10:23-25 “Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) (v.24) and let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: (v.25) not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.”

Here, this morning, allow me to lay claim to verse 24 below. I trust you will be in church this morning. Whatever excuse or 'reason' you may have had before reading this please lay it aside.
We claim to be Christian (v.23) and we do not those things which are the basis or the very foundation of our faith? We need to be in the House of God to worship our loving Heavenly Father and expressing our love for one another and encouraging each other to do the work God has called us to.

Don't allow Satan to gain this victory in your life. It will not only be a victory he wins in your life but also in the life of that person you might have been an encouragement to this morning had you just shown up and taken your usual seat. The prayer you would have prayed when you heard the dire need will never be uttered. The gift you would have given may never reach the missionary so much in need. You profess to have faith but James 2:18 says, "Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works." Your faith is expressed in your daily life and activities.

The heart of a child of God should long to be in the house of God with the family of God. There is cause to wonder when the most moderate of inconveniences can keep a 'christian' out of church.

Not only so, but Paul goes on to show that the need for corporate worship will be even greater as the day of our Lord's return approaches. And so the call of encouragement, like this one, must be louder and more persistent. So please, if you see me slipping, if you notice a weakening in my faith, if my evangelistic voice begins to wane then call to me, scream out to me the need to continue and to stand strong.

Today, in accordance with Paul's admonition in Hebrews, I am calling out to you to stand strong in the faith. Do not allow anything to stand in your way of worshipping God and fellowshipping with like-minded believers. The end of this world is at hand and we simply must stand firm in the faith, if we truly are in the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment